Retail Assistant Store Manager(×1)
Swindon (McArthur Glenn Outlet)
Description: Position Retail Assistant Store Manager
Assist Store Manager in strategically managing and promoting sales culture to achieve or exceed sales, KPIs, and profitability goals to position the company to be the Fastest Sports Brand in the world.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for ensuring the Store consistently achieves or exceeds sales, KPIs and profitability goals through the effective use of short and long term planning, expense control, sales and service.
· Guarantee consistently high standards of customer experience within the Store in accordance with PUMA’s Brand Values and service standards.
· Responsible for assisting Store Manager with the recruitment, training, development and succession of high performing, results
driven Associates and Supervisors.
· Spends 90% of their working time on the sales floor engaging with consumers, selling, and coaching employees.
· Will act as the Store Manager when the Store Manager is away from the store for any given reason.
· Assist the Store Manager in preparing and administering timely and accurate performance appraisals.
· Accountable for payroll control and service driven scheduling in order to maintain a highly profitable location while providing the highest levels of service to customers.
· Responsible for ensuring training programs (required per the Role), both Domestic and Global, are successfully completed to drive results within the store.
· Assist the Store Manager in analyzing customer profiles, buying trends and competitive information to impact and drive business.
· Manage and monitor Loss Prevention education and awareness programs
· Directly responsible for Loss Prevention and Operational compliance within store
· Manage and achieve or exceed all Inventory and Shrink goals; oversee and manage Physical Inventory counts
· Directly responsible for execution and processing of both incoming and outgoing merchandise
· Manage and communicate merchandise opportunities to Store Manager
· Assist the Store Manager in Communicating, managing and executing all Marketing driven initiatives and events within budget and according to all Policies & Procedures
· Develop and maintain strong communication with local PR and marketing
· Attend offsite training and position related meetings as required by Store Manager; travel may be required
· Ensure execution and maintenance of all Visual Guidelines as well as guaranteeing the visual presentation of the Store always meets or exceeds standards
· Maintain physical condition of Store according to relevant guidelines and communicate maintenance needs in a timely manner
· Required to comply with all Policies & Procedures, operational core competencies and key accountabilities
· Execute all requirements necessary to maintain a safe and compliant working environment for all Store Associates and Customers
· Required to work non-traditional hours; weekends, evenings, holidays; overtime may be required
Qualifications Knowledge, skills and abilities
Two to four years of management experience in a focused, customer service oriented retail environment (preferably apparel/footwear) with results driven track record
Proven ability to exceed sales while meeting payroll goals, demonstrated ability to identify, hire, train, develop and retain top talent
Managers as well as teams, ability to reason through complex issues, demonstrates effective communication, ability to present information to large groups
The ability to constantly walk and move about is required. This role involves frequent stationary standing, reaching, bending/twisting of head, and maintaining balance while walking. The role also requires using ladder/step stool equipment, occasional kneeling, crouching, climbing, bending/stooping at waist/torso and sitting to assist customers.
Maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the sales and stock area are also required.
Pushing/pulling equipment such as shelving bays, dollies, carts, and racks with up to 10 kg of force as well as lifting/carrying/placing boxes of product up to 15 kg in weight at heights up to 3,30 m while using a ladder is
Use of the following senses are critical to this position:
speaking, hearing, near & far acuity, depth perception and field of vision.
Cognitive factors critical to this function are: reading comprehension, basic math calculations, writing, complex problem solving and basic computer work.
Environmental factors of action include operation of foot controls for operating mobile stock shelving bays and exposure to working at heights.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com