Digital Business Liaison Analyst
Our client is an FTSE 35 Company and is one of the largest and most diverse energy companies in the UK. Our business is powered by talented, enthusiastic people in a whole range of roles – supporting, co-ordinating and driving the business to meet our responsibilities and achieve our company goals. We are transforming our business with an ambitious and far reaching programme of change, enabled by IT and supported by our Digital Team.
Digital Studio Team
Our job is to deliver continuous improvements and new capabilities to our web digital channels. Over the last year the Digital team have moved to an agile approach which has successfully delivered major projects such as Responsive Services and Online Smart Appointments on time and budget, while greatly reducing both risks and costs. We are currently expanding our team and are looking for diverse, creative and innovative individuals to help us deliver against challenging new projects and continue with our success.
As Business Liaison Analyst, you will be part of our Inception Team and be the main point of contact for communication between our Digital Studio and your business area, ensuring that there is transparency between the business and Digital, including our delivery teams. You will own one or more key customer areas and will be given the opportunity to ensure a leading digital experience will be provided for our customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
*Analysis and design of new business processes, along with performing any required process re-engineering prior to application/product being designed.
*Work with, Delivery Leads, business architects and other team members and planners to assess current capabilities, identify high-level customer requirements, define metrics and performance goals.
*Identify, define and participate in transitioning user stories and use cases to designers, ensuring a clear and complete understanding of requirements.
*Participate in quality management reviews to maintain standards and formats.
* Act as a liaison to the business community in the Product Office.
* Assist the Product Owner in areas such detailing requirements, refining user stories, documenting acceptance criteria and defining business rules and scenarios.
* Act as a Product Owner when required.
Due to the pivotal role the Business Liaison Analyst will play with in the Digital Team, we are looking for someone who has completed a certified s product owner course and has experience working in an Agile environment. Solid understanding of users, the market place, the competition and of future trends for Digital products in relation to energy and home services will be necessary.
You should have an intimate knowledge of SSE and understand the value of Digital products for the business, coupled with strong communication skills and the ability to act as Product Owner.
Yes, this role involves working with many different people, across many different platforms, so we ask for a few key competencies;
You will be a creative problem solver with ability to challenge the norm while building successful relationships across a diverse mix of stakeholders. Confident communication skills are required due to the close partnerships you’ll be forming with stakeholders across the product office and scrum teams.
A flexible working approach is required as you must be capable of adapting to business processes, the software development process or even a lack of process) and to any and all management directives; not being focused on a single process or framework.
You should have a solid understanding of users, the retail market place, and our competitors, and of future trends for the system or product being developed
What’s in it for me?
For us it’s not just about being good at what you do – it’s about enjoying what you do, too. So we’ll encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas, and do work that you can be proud of. In return for being your best for our customers, you’ll also enjoy a variety of benefits and development opportunities. On top of a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy generous holiday entitlement, a Group Pension Plan, share options and discounts on energy bills, phone and broadband.
What will you be doing?
- Analyse and design new business processes.
- Work with business architects and other planners to assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer requirements with the help of a Product Owner.
- Identify and define user stories and use cases.
- Collaborate with Scrum Master, architects, and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application.
- Participate in transitioning the user stories and use cases to the designers, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Assist in translating user stories and use cases into Acceptance Criteria which use a BDD format.
- Participate in quality management reviews and maintain standards and format as per QA standards agreed by the team and wider Studio.
- Serve as a liaison to the business community in the Product Office. Participate in user story and task refinement sessions to maintain both business and users’ perspective/requirements.
- Where required being involved in defining the business processes and performing any business process re-engineering before the application/product is designed.
- Assist the Product Owner in detailing the requirements, refining user stories, documenting acceptance criteria, breaking use cases to user stories and defining business rules and scenarios.
- To take on the responsibilities of the Product Owner and act as a Product Owner when required.
- Liaise with the business in order to gather information relevant to digital projects, such as business and user behaviour data.
- When appropriate push back work to the business which is not within Digital scope.
- When required, explain in a positive way why a request for work is not being prioritised against other requests.
- Ensure requests for work from your business area provide quantitative evidence, appose to personal opinion, to explain why a change is required.
- Solid understanding of users, the market place, the competition and of future trends for Digital products in relation to energy and home services.
- Completion of the Certified Scrum Product Owner course
- At least 1 year of experience in working in an Agile Environment
- Should have an intimate knowledge of SEE and a grasp the value of the Digital products for the business
- Strong communication skills to facilitate conversations between the business (Product Office) and the Scrum Team (Digital Studio) and ensure all user stories are prioritised to suit the products and the team needs and all plans are in sync.
- Ability to take over Product Owner’s responsibilities and act as a Product Owner when required, including making decision on the businesses behalf, etc.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Can evaluate and propose new business processes
- Ability to identify when changes to digital services will affect business processes
- Experienced in developing product requirements based on input gathered from a variety of sources including analysis results and feedback from the user community
- Excellent understanding of how to write Acceptance Criteria based on the application requirements
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness and quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Strong focus on risk and issue management so you can remove business-related impediments raised by the scrum teams
- Excellent capability to manage stakeholders, including requesting more information or explaining why work has not been approved
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com