£28-30k + Overtime + Standby + Van + Phone
This is a great opportunity to join one of Somerset’s largest, privately owned, home services company. We support a range of customers from long-term partnerships and contracts with local authorities and housing associations, service agreements with landlords and homeowners and offer a wide range of services to numerous commercial customers and businesses.
Our services include:
- Central heating installations and upgrades.
- Annual servicing and safety inspections.
- Repairs and maintenance of gas and oil appliances.
- Electrical pat testing, inspections and repairs.
- Chimney Sweeping.
We are looking for an experienced Domestic Gas Engineer for gas servicing and inspections, repairs and maintenance, diagnosing faults and boiler and central heating installations.
- Competitive salary of £12.50 p/h. (40 Hours per week).
- Company van and fuel card.
- Company phone and accessories.
- Company uniform.
- Additional earning potential from O/T and ‘Standby Pay’.
- Employee Recognition and Rewards! – Discounts with 100’s of top brands, high street stores, restaurants, travel companies and more.
- Training in product knowledge and health and safety.
Our client is a family run business which means that we have a friendly and professional approach to our colleagues and our customers
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Domestic Gas Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Carry out servicing and safety inspections on gas appliances and central heating systems for a range of customers.
- Carry out maintenance, repairs and diagnosing faults on a wide range of gas appliances and systems.
- Carry out installations of boilers or full central heating systems and in addition, complete full survey appointments for this type of work.
- Be included in the ‘Out of Hours’ call out rota. This involves being on standby (with additional standby pay and time on appointments being paid at time and a half).
- You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the company may reasonably require.
All of our engineers are provided with a van for business use, a phone and company uniform.
You will need to:
- Be professional, hardworking and diligent.
- Be experienced with a high standard of workmanship.
- Have great timekeeping skills, self-motivated and can work well as a team player but demonstrate an excellent lone working attitude.
- Have good administration and organisation skills.
- Demonstrate fantastic customer service skills and excellent levels of communication.
Your working hours are from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. Please note that you may be required to work overtime to ensure that work is completed. Further requirements include ‘Out of Hours’ standby.
Qualifications and Skills
Our client is looking for experienced and professional gas engineers who can demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills.
Applicants must have a Full Driving License (Manual).
Applicants must have previous gas engineering experience and be able to provide certificates of current qualifications.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email us with your name, address, and a contact number and a member of our team will contact you
our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £12.50 /hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org