Field based staff are utilised to undertake small installation works/projects.
Field based staff provides a high level of technical expertise and quality of workmanship in the repair of our client’s products. The overall service provision is necessary 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Customer expectations are continually increasing and there is a focus on fixing a fault on the first visit. Additional ‘value added’ services, such as preventative maintenance
checks, provide a significant proportion of service revenue. It is a fundamental requirement that these expectations can be met through the dedicated application of technical, interpersonal and customer relations skills which positively promote the Organisation in the delivery of world class service.
- To repair and maintain existing equipment and systems across the full range of products.
- To continually exceed performance targets as set by the Regional Service Manager in the areas of productivity, quality of workmanship, first fix rate, stock control and attendance at work.
- To demonstrate a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of all the company’s core products both in their repair and functionality.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and first line repairs to key products and systems to ensure potentially disruptive issues are pro-actively averted.
- To provide technical assistance and training to other members of the team and customers as directed by the Company.
- Identify issues that lessen customer satisfaction and actively participate in their resolution and future prevention, while adhering to the company’s policies and procedures.
- To be able and willing to work outside geographical boundaries, to demonstrate co-operation and flexibility in meeting the demands of customers throughout the business.
- Assisting with installation related activities such as; site visits/commissioning/surveying etc.
- Undertake installation work.
- The ability to commission new installations prior to their hand over ensuring maximum customer satisfaction.
- To be a highly motivated and enthusiastic team member positively promoting the Company as a world class service provider.
- Be part of a standby rota to support all company products These are measured on a regular basis.
- A utilisation rate which consistently exceeds the minimum targets as set by the Company
- Exceed the current KPI targets as set by the Company.
- Undertake CRB check or similar as directed by the company policy.
- A good understanding of basic Electrical and Electronic systems/principles.
- An electrical/electronic qualification equivalent to or above an NVQ level 2 or similar.
- Full driving licence.
- Be able to demonstrate problem solving and analytical skills.
- Be able to demonstrate Customer focus – the customer comes first
- Be able to demonstrate effective team working including mentoring/coaching and training others
- Effective communication skills
- Effective time management & planning skills.
- A flexible approach to work.
- The ability to work at heights or in confined dusty spaces.
- Good IT skills
- Good health record.
- Undertake Training as required.
- Smart & tidy appearance
- Able to cover an out of hour’s standby rota & work regular weekends in line with the Company policy.
- Experience of repairing field service products down to board level including Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Door Entry, Access Control, Environmental Monitoring/Control, Fire Detection, Nurse Call, etc.
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety issues relating to the service function
- Experience of working with the elderly or vulnerable.
- Experience of working with KPI’s, performance measures, SLA’s or similar
- A pass at ONC level, equivalent NVQ Level 3 or demonstrable alternative in a technical discipline (specifically Electrical or Electronic Engineering).
- Comprehensive and in – depth technical understanding of the Electrical and Electronic systems /principles.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of networks and IP based systems
- Deputise for Senior Engineer
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Onsite parking (Response)
- Car/Van & Fuel card (Engineer)
- Company Pension
- Benefits Portal
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com