- 8.45 – 5.30pm Mon – Thurs
- 8.45 – 5pm Friday
- Possible flexibility, can be discussed.
- Reporting to the operations director.
- About 20 people in the office
- Will be working in a 1 man team.
- Holidays: 20 days plus statutory.
- Other benefits Private healthcare & pension.
- 1 or 2 stages.
An exciting opportunity exists with a fast-growing, innovative and dynamic company within the vehicle tracking sector. We do not want to recruit a plain and simple accountant. We need a person who is immediately capable of understanding the business issues, advise strategically on projected rapid growth, be both reactive and proactive but not afraid to “roll up their sleeves” and take responsibility for all accounting transactions.
Confidence in your ability, both technical and commercial, is essential.
To ensure all financial data is accurate, lead the development and maintenance of robust and efficient financial and resource systems, policies and procedures whilst ensuring accurate management, control and reporting across all departments within the business. To provide Management Team absolute clarity of financial responsibilities, of profit and loss, forecasts, reporting, limitations and adjustments to limit financial liabilities and risk.
Main Tasks & Accountabilities:
Financial & Commercial:
- Ensure disciplined financial control is exercised on a day to day basis to safeguard the company assets.
- Provide financial and commercial support to the Board, reporting on a regular basis as to the financial position of the company, to enable timely decision making.
- Ensure that the financial functions are executed efficiently and that all financial processes and systems are set up, maintained and continually improved.
- Manage the day to day operation of Microsoft Dynamics.
- Specific responsibility for all aspects of purchase order processing and purchase ledger.
- Responsible for the production of monthly management accounts, cash flow forecasts, budgets and forecasts and timely variance analysis report.
- Review current MI and Board reports and deliver enhancements where appropriate.
- Prepare annual accounts and liaise with external auditors, providing a comprehensive reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure all statutory forms and returns are complete to external bodies in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the company complies with HMRC regulations, including preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
Strategy & Planning :
- Work with Managing Director on strategic objectives and produce plans and financial projections as necessary
- Interact with the department in a manner that facilitates the achievement of and supports the department’s mission and company goals.
- The creation of a department plan that allocates missions and tasks for each functional area.
- Direct and coordinate cross-department collaboration to ensure a robust financial function.
Leadership & Management:
- Lead the Finance function in support of the company vision and goals.
- Promote the highest possible professional standards throughout the Finance department.
- Establish and implement short and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. To include the missions and goals as determined in discussion with the CEO.
- Lead and manage the activities of the department to ensure deadlines are met.
- Recruit, train, supervise, motivate and evaluate department staff.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues to ensure an integrated contribution to the Company’s objectives.
- Implementation of efficiency gain projects through the use of IT.
- Observe and comply with the Company’s policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work.
- Observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with company policies.
Technical, Professional & Personal Skills:
The ideal candidate will be confident, enthusiastic, creative, flexible, good at problem-solving and enjoy working with people. A good attitude is everything to us. Some key skills are;
- Ideally holding a professional qualification but a qualified by experienced accountant will be considered.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to work unsupervised in the office environment.
- Proven ability to integrate people processes and systems with IT infrastructure to deliver efficient and accurate business systems.
- A highly competent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Dynamics, MS Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, relationship building and commercial negotiation.
- Highly professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce information within tight timeframes
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Must keep up to date with changes in financial rules and regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com