£20k + Benefits
A self-sufficient Creative Graphic Designer to produce engaging brand assets, infographics and support all brand related activity. This will include the ownership and development of the Group brand, social assets, infographics, the design and artwork of our concept stores and exhibitions for multiple events throughout the year.
The job holder would need to understand the fundamentals of design and B2B communications, but also push new ideas and concepts, and be comfortable presenting these ideas to the wider business.
You must have a sharp eye for detail, strong work ethic and a good understanding of all types of digital communication. This should be evident in your portfolio.
An empathetic and sensitive approach to work is essential as well as an attention to detail and planning.
The successful candidate reports directly to the IT Manager and works within a structured organization. It is important that the candidate is self-sufficient, able to prioritise work load in all areas of responsibility. This requires a candidate who is pro-active as well as being task orientated to meet the needs of this position.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prepare rough drafts according to requirements
- Combine hand-drawing and painting with digital media to create complete illustrations
- Refine designs with illustration software
- Use various colors, graphics and effects to better visualize each concept
- Format images using Adobe Illustrator and photoshop
- Apply isometric techniques to add perspective to complex shapes
- Participate in design briefs with various departments to identify their needs
- Ensure that printed illustrations meet quality and color standards
- Brainstorm with the various team come up with new ideas, patterns and styles
- Stay up-to-date with new design techniques and software
These are the experience, skills and values we require for any applicant or current staff member to be successful in this position. All parts excluding the desirable criteria are essential for success and must be demonstrated.
Requirements for this position include minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) English and Math’s, a degree or relevant qualifications in Design, Visual Arts or relevant qualification, together with a significant level of hands-on experience of at least 3 years agency/or client-side experience.
Due to the nature of this role, driving or access to a car is an essential requirement of this role.
Essential Skills Criteria
- Knowledge of the latest Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- An understanding of web usability and information architecture, including a knowledge of wireframes and mock-ups (UI & IA Design)
- Have excellent knowledge of the digital landscape and new technology
- Possess brilliant layout, typographic skills and, of course, sharp attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate outstanding conceptual and creative thinking
- Be able to work effectively to tight deadlines, work well both independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience working on B2B technology brands would be useful
- Passionate and lively with lots of ideas and be keen to work hard to produce great creative results
- Communicate ideas clearly and confidently to end-users
- Open, honest, direct and comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Able to perform well under pressure and prepared to put in the hours when a project requires
- An eye for detail (someone who can understand the designer’s pain).
- Portfolio of previous work, Photoshop / illustrator/ Sketch to convert designs to code
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org