Our client is an international market expansion consultancy helping companies in Europe, America and Asia to ‘go global’. Established in 1990, the company has eight offices in six countries and 75 employees.
To support our growing base of Japanese clients, we are seeking a full-time market analyst based at our head offices in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. This person will work alongside project teams tasked with undertaking research for these
clients. In addition, the successful applicant will work with the sales and marketing team to promote our services to companies seeking to expand into Asia.
Candidates should have a university degree, worked in or with Japan and speak intermediate-to-advanced Japanese. Preference will be given to candidates with experience and/or strong interest in technology,
including information technology, though this is not essential.
This position is ideal for anyone wishing to develop a career in business, market research or marketing with a focus on international markets, in particular Japan and East Asia.
– To research and gather essential information about clients’ markets, customers and competitors using the internet, email and phone communication
– To work with the project leader to compile regular market reports, including market strategies, for our Japanese/Asian clients
– To communicate and liaise with our Japanese clients in Japanese by email and telephone
– To work with our sales and marketing teams to research and identify prospective clients and to develop effective communication strategies
– To offer general support as it relates to our day-to-day sales, marketing and
‘project deliver’ activities, including researching trade shows and planning client visits
– University degree in any subject
– Good spoken and written Japanese with experience of working in or with Japan
– Experience or strong interest in business, marketing, Japan/Asia and/or technology/IT
– Right to live and work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org