£40-50k + benefits
Our client is an award-winning Mixed-Reality business helping people visualise what new home decor and furnishings look like in their own room. With investment from the likes of UK retailer John Lewis, we are pioneering new techniques in computer vision and machine learning to truly disrupt the world of retail.
We’re on a mission to help anyone design beautiful living spaces for themselves and their family, no matter how little design experience they have – and we’re looking for a Product/UX Designer to help get us there.
At present our focus is on building bathroom and kitchen planning tools for the consumer. We need you to use your strategic problem solving and design skills to turn what is a difficult and complicated task into a joyful experience.
Who are you?
- Someone who loves to be involved and obsess over all aspects of user research and design.
- Someone who is confident enough to drive projects forward in challenging environments and makes things happen.
- You understand the importance of validating hypotheses quickly.
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment.
What does the opportunity look like?
- You’ll collaborate closely with our product manager and customers to understand the problem, define features and contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the product.
- You will create design flows, prototypes, sketches, low and high-fidelity visuals and help write micro-copy.
- You’ll be given autonomy to work cross-functionally with the product teams to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- You will bring new insights into the business by conducting user research and user testing.
- You will help to define our UX strategy, improve design systems, processes and documentation.
What you will bring to the team:
- Good ways of working on a digital product within a cross-functional team. Previous experience of working within a startup would be a bonus!
- A design-thinking and problem solving mindset and be able to illustrate and communicate concepts and solutions in a clear way.
- A deep understanding of typography, interaction and visual design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Unlimited holidays.
- Choice of Mac or Windows based laptop.
- Flexible working hours.
- A chance to develop your career in a rapidly growing environment
- An opportunity to work with a talented team with diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Competitive salary
- Share options.
- Free fruit.
- Freshly roasted coffee (delivered by Pact).
- Central Manchester location.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org