We have been a leading provider of engineering services to the telecommunications industry since 2006 and work directly for some of the major operators and owners of masts and towers in the UK. We bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to every project we undertake, from concept to design through to project management and ongoing maintenance and are respected within our industry for providing a first class and reliable service every time.
Our business falls into the following categories:
- Tower survey, inspection and certification
- Tower strengthening, analysis, design, fabrication and erection
- Site construction, maintenance and decommissioning
We have created a progressive working environment and have a strong team all focussed on delivering a quality product to our customers. It is essential that this is maintained so it is of equal importance that successful candidates not only fulfil the occupational criteria but also fit in well with the rest of the team.
We are seeking an experienced and pragmatic HSEQ professional to work with the Directors and senior staff to support the continuing growth of the business. The role will entail the implementation and maintenance of systems relating to the company’s Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental management policies.
Purpose of the role:
- To maintain and improve established Quality systems, and take ownership of all associated Quality documentation and records
- To develop and maintain safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of health and safety within the company with a goal of achieving ISO18001 accreditation
- To develop and maintain environmental policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness within the company with a goal of achieving ISO14001 accreditation
- To support the board of directors in the development of company objectives, strategies and policies and strive to continually improve existing policies, procedures and management systems.
- To monitor and control company standards to ensure that there is sufficient information and guidance to facilitate achievement of organisational goals and objectives with appropriate risk identification and control
- Liaison with statutory, regulatory, advisory and assessment bodies on safety, quality and other business standards
- Assessing and disseminating the impact of new and existing health and safety, quality, environmental, employment and other legislation
- To deliver continued successful assessment and award of management system certificates
- Previous health and safety experience within a construction environment
- A strong working knowledge of Safety legislative requirements, supported by a recognised professional Safety qualification (e.g., NEBOSH Diploma, MSc in Safety related discipline, CMIOSH) or demonstrable experience.
- Good working knowledge of IS09001, ISO14001 & ISO18001
- Proven ability to maintain and improve established Quality systems.
- Excellent IT skills (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio)
- A self-starter with the ability to organise personal workload and take ownership of the role.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and engage at all levels both within, and externally to, the business.
- Degree educated in an Engineering related subject, preferably civil/structural
- Experience of working in the telecommunications and rail industries
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org