£35-50k + benefits
We are looking for a software engineer to implement technical solutions that fulfill the commercial ambitions of the business. You will be working with our bespoke property management platform, which enables us to onboard, support and maintain the holiday cottages in our portfolio, as well as new platforms that we create to meet the dynamic needs of the market.
You will be working in a team of up to 6 developers, reporting to a technical product owner. You will also be collaborating with a wider technology team of more than thirty talented colleagues including Business Analysts, Test Engineers, Business Intelligence developers, as well as stakeholders outside of the department, to deliver robust, commercially substantial projects.
- Create well crafted, scalable and resilient solutions used both by colleagues and the public.
- Own the delivery of software into the business.
- Participate in sprint planning to deliver regular iterations, and retrospectives to improve our processes.
- Promote software development best practices.
- Perform exploratory work to investigate new technologies that we can leverage to solve business problems, as well as well as sizing changes to our existing platform.
- Reviewing colleagues’ code submissions, coaching enhancements, encouraging standards and identifying bugs.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to clarify ambiguous requirements and taking corrective action for issues in production.
- At least 3 years development experience in a commercial setting
- Experience of PHP MVC frameworks such as Laravel.
- Experience of Test Driven Development
- Object Oriented Code and using SOLID principles
- A strong grasp of basic MySQL (Joins, Groups)
- Experience of Agile development methodologies e.g. Scrum
- Exposure to Continuous Delivery & Integration
- Front end styling frameworks such as SASS & Bootstrap
- Understanding of advanced MySQL (Stored Procedures)
- UNIX Command line
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- An understanding of microservice architectures and experience with REST APIs
- Docker containers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org